10.28.2015

NaNoWriMo 2015

10.28.2015
image source: WeHeartIt
As the end of October rolls around, I like many book nerds, will take part in NaNoWriMo. This is my 3rd year, though I've always lost steam before very long. I'm just as excited about it this year as I've ever been. It just doesn't seem like fall without me taking a crack at writing something.
This year I'm writing a New Adult Romantic Comedy about an awkward girl who accidentally signs up for a ballroom dancing class. She isn't a dancer, and she would quit except for three things: her new job is footing the bill, it's the first time in her life - now that she's graduated college - that she's found herself directionless, and last but not least, her teacher happens to be a really attractive guy.

One last thing - the rules to NaNoWriMo say that you have to start November first. But you know what? Fuck the Police. I've already started and I've got 2k words down so far. That used to really discourage me when other participates did that, but at this point I've decided to hell with it. If you don't write the good bits down as they come to you, they may be gone for good and do you think professional writers adhere to "the rules"? Fuck nah.

Anyway, I'm really going to try to finish my first draft this time, guys! The word count is only a college paper draft a day, and that was one of my favorite things to do in college. Now that I have that perspective framed in my mind, hopefully it will help. You can keep up with my writing progress in the side bar below.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts by Feast of Poetry & Drink of Prose. All rights reserved.
Blog design by Labina Kirby.